Wednesday 12 September 2012

My mom dun know what I want!!!

Last evening, I posted an FB status:

The truth is, it is A LOT easier to please other peoples’ mother, but amazingly tough to please our very own. As hard as we try, I wish it was a lot easier. :'(( However, as the saying goes, "Never give up!!!" We'll keep trying!!

Me, for the entire reason love mom the most in the world as much as my ego hate to accept the fact. And I am certain mom loves me indeed. At least based on the Qur’anic verse, she “bore me in weakness upon weakness” I should cut mom some slack.

I feel like she does not care and does not love me and worst still, she does not know what I want. The truth is, do I love, care and know what she wants?

The truth is I have expectations of my old frail mother who is at a stage of passing her life away, who had sacrificed her life away to raise me and my 5 other siblings, not forgetting her 15 grandchildren and 3 great grand-kids!!!

I am indeed to be blamed for not being polite and be on adab to my mom. I am the rude and disrespectful one. I am too proud for what I am able to achieve at present, forgetting who bore me in weakness upon weakness. Who was the one who had to deliver me via C-section, had to nurse me in her state after surgery cause I refused to drink the powdered milk from the nursery? Who was the one who raised me when dad chose to live? Who was there to send me to school, for madrasah, for swimming classes, for every goodness I have enjoyed and enjoined from before till this present day with comfort, in cleanliness, with love and with joy. Never once did I have no shelter over my head, nor once had I to sleep in hunger. Never once I felt like an average kid but only had more and more and more through my mom. How could I ever get angry or be sad upon her for something she said or did. She is only human, and she is my mom for God sake, through which Raheem (womb) God has chose to place me.

For those of us who are sick and tired of our parents, especially mom (and dad included), may Allah swt grant us Light and Love and make it easy for us to be good, righteous and God-fearing children who can love our parents unconditionally as they had love us unconditionally. Ameen.

Let us attempt to mend the bond and live life to the fullest with them while they are still around. And if they are not around physically, I believe their souls are still around watching us over. Make prayers for me and my mom and for all the amazing moms of the world, InsyaAllah.

Love.
zai miztiQ

No comments:

Post a Comment