Tuesday 18 December 2012


Bit-TawfeeQ wa bil-Hidayah

Today my Arabic teacher Tawfeeq, sat with me after class and marked my exams paper, and he went through the questions and aswers with me one by one. He corrected my mistakes and praised me for the correct answers. I was thrilled anticipating my final result. He then just passed me the paper to bring home to review my correction. However he did not calculate my total score. I wanted to know if I was top in class, so I told him to please calculate and let me know the scores. He said he will do it the next day. A little disappointed, I left school soon after.

In the cab on the way home, I met another passenger who questioned why I am learning Arabic learning. I answered, we from Asia read the Quran but we do not understand. He replied, Allah will teach you through the heart. I SMILED!!! J

Soon after, I recalled the exam scores incident again. It is not enough that someone senior to us, or in authority to correct us with what we did wrong. We also wish to be acknowledged and praised for our seemingly fair deed. On top of that, we want to know the final result, to ensure that we top the whole level. We want to be certain that we understood what we did, and that we did it right, and if we did not get it right, we want to know what went wrong. Most times we even argue to fend our wrong deeds or act!!!

But this is in reality for our present life only. What about for our Akhirat. Now I understand about the Balance. On the Day of Judgement, our good deeds will be placed on the right, the bad deeds, on the left. We will be showed the ‘life video’ of every single thing we did. Nothing escapes HIS eyes. We will be questioned for all those that we are responsible for, our parents, our spouses, our children, our nearest of kins, and even our neighbours. We will on that day be our own worst enemy if we have not been a true sincere believing servant. The lips would be sealed, our skin, eyes and ears will bear witness for our past actions and deeds. The final result is not when our record book will be handed over on the right or our left hands. To top it up, for the inhabitants of Paradise, there will be a light emitting within and/ in front of them. For some, the light will be mild, for some others the light will be as big as the mountains. That time they will be praying, in fear,

Rabbana atmim lana noorana waghfirlana innaka a3la kullia shai3in Qadeer.

O our Lord, please complete the light upon us, forgive us, for with You is all Power.

And with all this, how should we be living our day to day life, moment to moment, second by second. May Allah forgive me and bless all of you. Ameen.

Ya Rabbee, grant us the power and ability to give thanks to you for the favours you have granted upon us and our parents. Place us among the righteous servants and grant us to do righteous deeds that pleases you. Ameen.
z.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment